Session 2: Course Management Systems
Instructor: Brian Newberry
Phone (909) 537-7630
Goal: To develop An Understanding of Some of the Tools Available in Common Course Management Systems
Student-Content: CMS Investigation, Guest Speaker
Student-Instructor: Email, Talkshoe
Student-Student: Blogs, Talkshoe
Session 2 Tasks and Assignments (Webpage)
Blog List (Webpage)
1. Read the Session 2 Tasks and Assignments page.
2. Respond to the focus questions for chapters 1 and 4 in our text.
3. Conduct a CMS/LMS review.
4. Post your focus questions and CMS/LMS review on your blog.
5. Be sure you have a Talkshoe account.
6. Find the date and time our test run on the Schedule page or instructor email.
7. Log into Talkshoe for the test run.
8. Access the Blog List, read multiple peer blogs and post comments on at least three.
You must post responses to focus questions for chapters 1 and 4 on your blog.
You must conduct a CMS/LMS review and post this on your blog.
You should attend the Talkshoe test run.
Each blog post is worth up to 10 points according to the following:
10 points: Post is made before required deadline, is well written, and appropriately addresses any topics raised by the instructor or discovered through your own investigation of course-related topics, response may include the use of graphics, images and/or links to information related to the topics of the course that bring quality content into the course environment.
8 - 9 points: Post is made before required deadline, is well written and adequately addresses any topics raised by the instructor or your own investigation into course-related topics.
0 - 7 points: Post is made late and/or the post is poorly written or inadequately addresses course related topics.