Session 1: Orientation
Instructor: Brian Newberry
Phone (909) 537-7630
Goal: Course Orientation, Blog Establishment, Thinking About Interactions in Online Learning and Establishing a Talkshoe Account
Session 1 Tasks and Assignment (Word)
Blog List (Webpage)
1. If you haven't already done so please go through the "Getting Started" materials available in the Course Documents section of the Blackboard shell for this class.
2. Review the course syllabus.
3. Listen to (or read the transcript) the Orientation and Interactions Podcast.
4. Read the Session 1 Tasks and Assignment document.
5. Establish your blog.
6. Make your introductory blog post.
7. Send your blog address to Dr. Newberry.
8. Establish a Talkshoe account.
You must establish a blog that permits other students in the class to post comments.
Your first blog post must be an introduction and you must post about the types of interactions you tend to prefer in classes, either face-to-face or online and relate what technologies you are already comfortable using to support these types of interactions in an online environment.
You must send your blog address (URL) to Dr. Newberry.
You must establish a Talkshoe account (free service that we will use for a guest speaker).
Each blog post is worth up to 10 points according to the following:
10 points: Post is made before required deadline, is well written, and appropriately addresses any topics raised by the instructor or discovered through your own investigation of course-related topics, response may include the use of graphics, images and/or links to information related to the topics of the course that bring quality content into the course environment.
8 - 9 points: Post is made before required deadline, is well written and adequately addresses any topics raised by the instructor or your own investigation into course-related topics.
0 - 7 points: Post is made late and/or the post is poorly written or inadequately addresses course related topics.